Welcome C - CAMH
The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation has awarded a grant to the University of Ibadan to establish a Centre that will support the “Building Up of Child and Adolescent Mental Health” capacity in the African region and beyond.
The Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health (C-CAMH) is a multi-disciplinary centre within the University of Ibadan that will cater primarily for the needs of Africa and the developing world in the areas of training, research and service in Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMH).
The Centre will fulfill the following objectives:
1. Develop a forum for a multi-professional, multidisciplinary, multi-agency team of trainers, researchers, policy makers, practitioners, providers and recipients to work together to improve child and adolescent mental health (CAMH)
2. Supply the African region with skilled leaders to provide CAMH advocacy and policy development, culturally relevant and competent CAMH care, expertise in the development of services in community and clinical settings, training of professionals and paraprofessionals and developing proficiency in CAMH research methods
3. Support the development of training, research and service in CAMH in Nigeria and other African countries
4. Promote the integration of research, policy and practice in child and adolescent public mental health in the African region
5. Develop, monitor and evaluate child and adolescent public mental health programmes in the African region