Upcoming 3- day Intensive Update Course in Autism & Other Neurodevelopmental DisordersPosted on Apr 20, 2017 in News & Events
The Faculty of Psychiatry, West African College of Physicians (WACP) in partnership with the Centre for Child & Adolescent Mental Health (CCAMH), University of Ibadan & Department of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan is organizing a 3-Day Intensive Update Course in:
Autism & Other Neurodevelopmental Disorders: Identification, Diagnosis & Management in the 21st Century
Date: Wed. 14th – Fri. 16th June 2017
Venue: University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
INTERNATIONAL LEAD COURSE TUTORS:
DR. CORNELIUS ANI
MBBS, MSc. DCH, MRCP (Paediatrics), MRCPsych, CASLAT (Imperial) MD, (Res), Fellow, Higher Education Academy (UK), PGC (Med Law),
Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist, & Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Imperial College, London, United Kingdom (Training in Autism and a certified user of the 3di Computerised Assessment Package for Autism).
DR. WENDY VOGEL
MBBCh, FCPsych (SA), MMed (Psychiatry), Child Psych (SA Medical & Dental) Council, MSc. Neurodevelopmental Paediatrics;
Head, Division of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital & Senior lecturer, Department of Psychiatry & Mental Health, University of Cape Town, South Africa (Training in Autism, anad Trained in ADI-R & ADOS Assessment Packages for Autism).
Sessions to be co-facilitated with the WACP team
- Early recognition
- General principles of behaviour management
- Treatment of ASD & Related Problems
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Dealing with sleep problems
- Managing comorbidities including ADHD, OCD, Tics, etc.
- Practical skills in psychopharmacology
- Dr. Olayinka Omigbodun FWACP (Training Coordinator, Faculty of Psychiatry, WACP)
- Dr. Clement Ezechukwu, FWACP (Secretary General, WACP)
- Dr. Taiwo Sheikh, FWACP (Chairman, Faculty of Psychiatry, WACP)